Many cars have hidden functions that should remain hidden from you as a user. Often, additional information (more soon) can be gained here, but also basic settings on the vehicle can be adjusted.
Great news: The Toyota RAV4 also has a hidden menu.
You will learn how to get there, what awaits you, and what settings you can make in this hidden area in this article.
What is the Hidden Menu in the Toyota RAV4?
The hidden RAV4 menu gives you access to settings and information only Toyota professionals can access.
With a few simple steps, you can also reach this menu.
We will now tell you how to do this!
How do You Access the Hidden RAV4 Menu?
Depending on the model and series, there are different ways to activate the hidden menu on the RAV4.
We have yet to (could not) test every model. Therefore, you must try the following three ways to enter the menu. One of these ways should also work for you.
- Insert the key into the ignition lock and switch the ignition to “On.” Attention: Do not start the engine!
- Wait until the system has booted up
- Press the audio button and keep it pressed
- In the meantime, move to the switch lever for the lights (to the left of the steering wheel). Switch the position lights on and off three times. Leave in the off-state.
- Done. The hidden menu now appears in the display
- Insert the key into the ignition lock and switch the ignition to “On” – do not start the engine.
- Set Power / Volume has to be “Off”
- Go to “Menu” then “Display” and turn off the screen here
- Press “Seek >” a total of 5 times
- Press “<Track” also 5 times afterward
- Put the key in the ignition lock and switch the ignition to “On” – do not start the engine.
- Set Power / Volume must to “Off”
- Go to “Menu”, then “Display” and turn off the screen here
- Swipe with your finger on the display 5 times to the right
- Swipe your finger on the display 5 times to the left
What Options do you Have in the Hidden Menu?
Mainly you can find information about your vehicle, which is not available in the classic displays of the RAV4.
We want to introduce the most critical points briefly.
Attention: Only Toyota’s responsible persons should use this menu. We strongly recommend that you only change the calibration if you know exactly what you are doing!
1: Failure Diagnosis
Under this item, you can perform a System Check (DCU, CAA) and Storage Check (DCU), among other things, as well as access and delete the Diagnosis Recorder.
2: Function Check/Setting
Here you can access different values like the battery or the speed. You can also check the microphone inside the RAV4.
The essential item in this section is the calibration option for the camera.
3: Service information
There is no critical data here, only information about the DCU unit.
4: Product Information
Here you can find the DCU product information and the serial number of the DCU chip installed in your RAV4.
As you can see, the hidden menu in the RAV4 offers exciting information and settings.
However, please only make changes if you are 100 percent sure what you are doing with them.
Sebastian loves convertibles and drove a BMW 335i for a long time (325 hp is just a dream). Today, with two children, he is more concerned with SUVs and family-friendly vehicles. In addition to an Audi A4 Avant, he also drives a Cupra Formentor VZ – even as a family man, you can’t do without speed. Get to know Sebastian better and visit the About Us page.